A Beauty Regimen That Can Make You Look YoungerJul 20, 2017 BY: LBL Team
Most women keep their beauty regimen pretty basic. They stick to a facial cleanser, some sunblock, and a nightly moisturizer. Though these three things are essential, they’re not enough. If you’re trying to fight premature aging or you just want your skin to look its best, you must go beyond the basics.
But going beyond the basics does mean you have to go broke. Here’s how to optimize your beauty regimen with these simple tips and 12 products.
While you’re sleeping, your skin becomes dehydrated, especially around your eyes. So when you wake up, it’s important that you give your skin the TLC it needs.
1. Use a moisturizing, nonfoaming cleanser
It will hydrate your skin as it washes away impurities.
2. Shrink puffy eyes with a caffeine eye gel first thing in the morning
For extra effectiveness, stick the gel in the fridge overnight. The coldness and caffeine both act as vasoconstrictors, so they’ll shrink the puffiness right away.
3. Buff your lips with baking soda
Sprinkle some on a toothbrush to relieve dryness and flakiness. As a bonus, your lips will appear larger due to the increased circulation.
4. Use an SPF 30 or higher moisturizer on your face daily
If your skin is extra dry, check out moisturizers that contain glycerin or ceramides along with antioxidants such as vitamins C and E. All these ingredients will trap moisture in skin cells.
Throughout the day, you might notice that your skin is a bit oily, especially your T-zone (forehead, nose, and lips). Towards the end of the day, too, your face might look tired and drained.
5. Use a mineral powder sunscreen on your face
This will keep oil at bay. Such sunscreens are also gentle enough for those with skin conditions such as rosacea or eczema.
6. Energize tired skin with a light moisturizing face spray
Look for face sprays containing antioxidants, which keep free radicals from damaging your skin.
It’s important to get between seven and nine hours of sleep each night. As you sleep, your body repairs muscle fibers and regenerates skin cells, builds collagen, and fight wrinkles. This means that your evening skincare routine is probably the most important one of the day.
7. Use cleansing wipes
These remove grime, oil, and sunscreen from the surface of your skin as they gently exfoliate.
8. Exfoliate twice weekly with a glycolic or salicylic acid scrub
This will help rid your skin of dulling dead cell buildup.
9. Apply a retinoid product
The ingredient retinol increases cell turnover. This evens out complexion and increases collagen production. If you find that retinoids irritate your skin, try products that contain oligosaccharides.
10. Use a skin oil that contains essential fatty acids.
Essential fatty acids nourish skin cells and seal in moisture.
11. Pat on an eye cream that contains peptides
This will boost collagen production in the delicate tissue around your eyes and keep away crow’s feet.
12. Use a glycerin or hyaluronic acid and peptides night cream
Gently massage it into the skin on your face and feel its anti-aging power.
A bigger youth boost with Botox
To take your beauty regimen to the next level there’s Botox, an innovative, noninvasive neuromodulator that minimizes the appearance of dynamic wrinkles. From sunscreens to injectables there’s a whole raft of beauty products to keep you looking young and fabulous.
- “4 Affordable, Effective Skin-Care Routines,” Real Simple, September 29, 2010.
- “Finding a Natural Skin Care Routine,” Wellness Mama, June 2, 2017.
- “The Essential Skincare Routine for Every Age,” Oprah.com, March 1, 2014.
- “The Exact Regimen You Should Be Following for Every Skin Type,” Byrdie, February 7, 2017.
Your Moisturizer May Be Totally Wrong for You — Here’s How to Tell
8 Frizzy Hair Hacks That Work
Frizzy hair can really put a damper on your day. But you can brighten your day by following a few simple frizz-busting tips. Added to your beauty routine, they'll keep even curly tresses full of shine and bounce.READ MORE