The Starbucks pumpkin spice latte is a quintessential fall staple. But crafting your own pumpkin spice latte is easier than you think!
All it takes is a few simple ingredients...
To create the best homemade pumpkin spice latte ever, all you need is a few simple ingredients, such as:
- 2 cups milk
- Two tablespoons pumpkin puree
- Three tablespoons sugar
- One tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup strong hot coffee
- Whipped cream
You can create your own homemade pumpkin puree from scratch by roasting a small pie pumpkin. All you need to do is preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, and then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the pumpkin in half, scoop out all the seeds, and place them on the baking sheet. Roast between 45 and 60 minutes. Once out of the oven and cooled, scoop out the pumpkin flesh and process in a blender until smooth.
And the process takes less than 15 minutes!
Once you have all your ingredients gathered, you just:
- Add milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat
- Heat the mixture until hot, but not boiling
- Remove the saucepan from the heat
- Whisk in the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and coffee
- Divide the mixture between two mugs
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
You should note that this pumpkin spice latte tastes the best using two percent milk, but you can use fat-free milk or non-dairy alternatives. You can also adjust the sugar to your taste, and it'll still taste good if you decide to use stevia.
Each drink contains 171 calories, 6 grams of fat, 20 grams of sugar, and 9 grams of protein.
'Tis the pumpkin spice season!
During fall, pumpkin spice flavor isn't just limited to lattes. There's tons of other pumpkin spice stuff you can make, like pumpkin spice waffles and almonds. Seize the opportunity to eat as many pumpkin spice flavored goodies as you can!