It's easy to get sidetracked by the bad things in life. But dwelling on setbacks can be dangerous. Huffington Post
What are positive affirmations? They're positive statements you say to yourself to help change and enhance your thoughts and perception. Positive affirmations rewire your brain because they help release feel-good hormones.
1. Positive affirmations introduce you to new ways of thinking
The whole point of positive affirmations is to change your thinking. In doing so, they shift how you perceive yourself and others. For instance, if you recite, "I will land my dream job," you will begin to change how you think and feel about your life. This will then shape how you act. Thinking about the possibility of the statement being true will open up unexpected opportunities.
2. Positive affirmations empower you
Whereas negativity is disempowering, reciting positive affirmations empowers you. This is because you get to choose how you think and what you believe. Place positive affirmations where you'll see them -- on your wallet, fridge, or
3. Positive affirmations increase your happiness
The purpose of positive affirmations is to transform you into a happier, more action-oriented person. The mere act of reciting or visualizing positive affirmations daily will make you a happier, more optimistic person. You'll notice as a result that you're more engaged with others as well as more ambitious.
4. Positive affirmations bring about success
Optimistic people are more likely to be successful because they aren't afraid to work toward goals. Positive affirmations will help you become more successful by increasing your
5. Positive affirmations improve your physical health
Negativity increases stress and cortisol levels, which are bad for your health. Being more positive helps reduce stress, improving your physical health. Research has shown optimism can lower blood pressure and heart rate, increasing heart health.
6. Positive affirmations increase gratitude
Gratitude is important for a fulfilling life. Reciting positive affirmations enables you to see all the positives in your life, making you more grateful.
- Today, I am brimming with energy and overflowing with joy
- I possess the qualities needed to be extremely successful
- Today I abandon my old habits and take up new, more positive ones
- I am blessed with an incredible family and wonderful friends
- I radiate beauty, charm, and grace
- My life is just beginning
Ways to incorporate positive affirmations easily into your life include:
- Complimenting yourself. Look in the mirror, and tell yourself that you're well liked, beautiful, smart, and competent.
- Stop negative thoughts. If you notice a negative thought pop up in your mind, replace it right away with a positive one.
- Write positive affirmations on sticky notes. Then place the sticky notes on places you're likely to see them often.
- Meditate. Meditate for 15 minutes each day on positive thoughts. This will help break up negative thought patterns.
Live the life you've always wanted
The first step to manifesting your perfect life is to be more positive. While that's easier said than done, positive affirmations can help you get there. Begin incorporating them into your life, and you'll notice big changes.