Hot from bikini pro and nutritionist Annie Parker are three quick office workouts that you can do from the comfort and convenience of your desk, whether at the office or at home
All you need is a stable chair and the desire to get rock hard abs just in time for summer
It goes without saying that achieving rock hard abs takes work. The main components being diet, strength training, and cardio.
3 Ab Shredding Office Routines
This exercise works your lower abdominals, lower back
- Sitting in your chair, move so that your leg can stretch fully in front of you and that you are at the edge of your chair, hip-width apart.
- Next, lift your right leg so that you are at least 2 inches (5 cm) off the chair and stick it out straight. Hold for 2 seconds.
- Lower your foot until you are only a few inches from the floor and hold for 2 more seconds. Return your right leg to
hip-widthneutral position. Relax your stomach muscles and then flex them again.
- Repeat with your left leg for a total of 10-15 times each leg.
Obliques are the muscles that run along your side. They’re often don’t get worked when you’re targeting your abdominals.
- Sit a little further back in your chair
- Lift your legs out straight
- Place your hands in your lap to maintain balance.
- Take your right arm and reach over to your left foot, holding for about 2 seconds
- Return to neutral position
- Sit up straight
- Reach toward your right foot with your left hand
- Hold for two seconds or so
- Return to neutral position.
- Repeat this exercise for 30 reps.
- Assume a wide stance
- Position your hands behind your head
- Assume neutral position
- Contract your abdominals while breathing in
- Lift your left knee
- Twist your right elbow down to meet your knee halfway
- Inhale as you contract
- Keep your back straight during the twist.
- Repeat by twisting your left elbow down
- Lift your right knee to meet left elbow halfway
- Inhale as you come up to the neutral position
- Repeat for 30 reps
So there you have it! Three ab workouts to do in the office. In order to achieve rock hard abs, diet and cardio is just as important to strength training.
Posture and form
- "5 Powerful Ab Exercises You Can Do at Your Desk," AbMachineGuide.com, July 18, 2016.
- "6 Surprising Moves For Flatter Abs," Prevention, November 16, 2011.
- "Ab Exercises to Do at Your Desk," LiveStrong, February 2, 2017.
- "Strength Train at Your Desk (Without a Soul Knowing!)," PopSugar, September 19, 2011.