Can Exercise Get Rid Of Cellulite?
Lots of popular workouts claim to be able to reduce cellulite, and that you can spot-treat cellulite. But can exercise really get rid of cellulite?
The answer? Yes and no
Exercise can reduce fat, but there's no way to spot-treat cellulite. So, how can you get rid of cellulite then? Most experts agree that getting rid of cellulite requires a combination of regular exercise, nutrition, and proper circulation.
But, genetics also determines how much cellulite someone has. This means that, for some people, no matter how hard they exercise, they will always have cellulite to some extent. The good news is that you can always improve the appearance of cellulite.
The keys to combating cellulite
The keys to a good anti-cellulite training program include losing fat, firming and building muscle, following a low carb diet, and boosting circulation:
- You can improve circulation and blood flow by getting massages, doing regular exercises that involve strength training and cardio, and taking alternating hot and cold showers.
- One way to lose fat is to focus on eating lean proteins and veggies. You should avoid sugar, starches, alcohol, processed foods, and sugary fruit.
- Engage in cardio at least 30 minutes a day, six times a week -- this is a great way to burn fat.
- Strength train several times a week to firm the muscle underneath the cellulite, which will help smooth the skin's appearance. Focus on your lower-body, doing step-ups, lunges, and squats.
- Staying at a healthy weight is crucial to reducing cellulite -- if you're at a healthy weight, there will be less of a fat layer.
It all boils down to diet and exercise to beat cellulite
When it comes to reducing the appearance of cellulite, don't waste your money on cellulite treatment creams that don't have any scientific backing. Instead, focus on maintaining a healthy weight, building muscle through strength training, and engaging in cardio exercise. Within a few months, you'll notice a considerable reduction in your cellulite.