Best end-of-summer drinks
1. Ginger peach sangria
- 1 bottle white wine
- 1 cup Marnier
- 4 peaches sliced
- Splash of ginger juice
- 1 lemon sliced
- A handful of mint and basil
- Stir all ingredients together in a pitcher.
- Chill until you’re ready to serve.
2. Rosemary blueberry smash
This mocktail combines fresh blueberries with rosemary for a refreshing and unique beverage.
- 7-8 blueberries
- 1 ounce honey syrup
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces sparkling mineral water
- 1 rosemary sprig
- Muddle blueberries, rosemary leaves, and honey syrup in the bottom of a cocktail shaker
- Add lemon juice, cover with ice and shake for 10 seconds
- Strain and top with sparkling water, then stir
3. Grapefruit Paloma
- 4 ounces tequila
- 1-ounce fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1-ounce club soda
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Zest of one lime
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- To make the simple syrup, pour ¼ cup lime juice and ¼ cup water into a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat and wait until it begins to boil. Then add the ½ cup sugar and stir until it’s completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- To make the lime sugar, pour ¼ cup sugar into a bowl, and then add the lime zest. Mix together until well combined. Then rub a slice of grapefruit on the rim of the glass to dampen it, and then press down into the sugar mixture. Set the glasses aside.
- In a shaker, combine the tequila, lime juice, grapefruit juice, and lime simple syrup. Then add a pinch of salt, and shake to combine.
- Pour the mixture over ice into the rimmed glasses.
- Top with club soda, and then stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy.
4. Coconut cucumber cooler
This flavorful nonalcoholic drink combines refreshing mint with ultra-hydrating coconut water and cucumbers that are sure to reinvigorate you.
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup of chopped mint
Combine all ingredients in a shaker, then shake, serve over ice, and enjoy
5. Guava Mojitos
- A handful of mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 can of guava nectar
- 2 ounces white rum
- Splash of sparkling water
- Muddle together the mint, sugar, and lime in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the guava nectar, rum, and some ice to the shaker.
- Shake everything up, and then evenly divide the mixture between two glasses.
- Add a splash of sparkling water on top.
6. Virgin Moscow mule
Nothing says summer like a Moscow mule. Enjoy this alcohol-free version that uses ginger ale and club soda.
- 1/2 cup ginger ale
- 2 ounces club soda
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- Add all ingredients to a shaker and shake for 60 minutes
- Pour into a glass and serve
7. Lemon blueberry martini
- 1 large strawberry
- 5 large blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ounce berry-flavored vodka
- 1/2 ounce limoncello
- 4 ounces brut champagne
- Add the strawberry and blueberries to a cocktail shaker and muddle them.
- Then add the sugar, pour in the vodka, and limoncello, stirring to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a martini glass and top with champagne.
8. Pomegranate berry sparkler
This mocktail is fresh and fruity, incorporating berries, pomegranate, and cranberries — yum!
- 6 ounces berry sparkling water
- 1 ounce pomegranate juice
- 2-3 cranberries
- Blueberries for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker
- Shake lightly and serve
- Garnish with blueberries and serve
9. Tropical sunset
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup frozen mangoes
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- 2 shots vodka
- Bring water to a simmer in a pot, and then melt the sugar in it.
- Turn the heat down low, stirring occasionally, and let it thicken for 5 minutes.
- Then add the fruit to the sugar mixture, allowing it to sit in the liquid for ten minutes.
- Add the vodka, stir, and remove from heat.
- Drain the liquid through a mesh sieve into a bowl, and then place the liquid into a larger bowl that contains ice.
- Place in the freezer for ten minutes.
- Then pour the liquid into a shaker with ice, shake, and then serve.