Fall is here, and that not only means everything around you is pumpkin spice flavored, but it also means it’s time to update your wardrobe. With fall comes chillier weather and shorter days, enabling you to break out those boots and burgundy lipstick. But if you’re having a difficult time transitioning from summer to fall, we’re here to help!
Here are ten must-have accessories for your fall wardrobe:.
- Biker jackets. Biker jackets are definitely in this season but think more fitted rather than oversize. In fact, the more fitted, the better.
- Over-the-knee boots. This might not be for everyone, but if you’re daring when it comes to fashion, then consider buying some. Over-the-knee boots look great paired with oversize chunky-knit sweaters.
- Studded bags. To go along with the whole biker jacket theme, studded bags are red hot this fall. Look for dark colored oversize bags with studs and grommets, and pair them with that biker jacket.
- Boyfriend jeans. We’ve all heard of boyfriend cardigans, but boyfriend jeans are also making a comeback this fall. Pair boyfriend jeans with a pair of ankle boots and a distressed bomber jacket for an irresistible look.
- Tuxedo jackets. Who would’ve thought? Tuxedo jackets are all the rage this fall, and you can either wear them fitted or oversize. They look fantastic layered over a basic t-shirt or dressed up with a bold necklace.
- Leggings. Leggings never really go out of fashion, especially when it’s fall. However, leather and printed leggings as well as leggings with zippers are in right now. Pair them with a boyfriend cardigan or an oversize shirt and boots, and you’re set!
- Bold necklaces. Bold necklaces, otherwise known as “statement” necklaces, are back in style this fall. Pair one with jeans and a t-shirt to juxtapose glamor with grunge or accessorize a dress.
- Trench coats. With fall comes lots of rain and coldness. Luckily, trench coats are timeless and look great on everyone. Try one in a bright color, or an unusual texture like nylon. Want to vamp up a trench coat you already own? Add a great belt.
- Belts. Speaking of belts, they’re all the rage this fall. And every belt is in, including skinny, wide, and grommet ones. Try wearing a belt on your waist to flatter your figure if you have wider hips.
- Capes. Capes aren’t just for little red riding hood. You can wear them with any tailored outfit, such as leggings, skinny jeans, pencil skirts, and knit sweaters.
Pair all these hot fall accessories with a killer lipstick. Lipstick shades that are fashionable this fall include purple, dark brick red, berries, beige, wine, mauve, melons, and bright reds.