On your big
Every bride wants to have flawless skin on her wedding day. You can get it if you:
• Drink lots of water
Not only does staying hydrated keep your skin taut and youthful. It also eliminates toxins. Try to drink at least two liters of water per day.
• Take omega fish oil supplements
Omega-3 fatty acids help to reduce inflammation and acne. It does take a few weeks before results start to show, so you should begin taking omega supplements well in advance.
• Create a cleansing, toning, and moisturizing regime that you do twice each day
This will help to keep your skin in optimal condition
•Begin regular facials six months before your wedding day
This will help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and acne scars.
• Consider getting a Botox treatment
This is especially important if you have fine lines and wrinkles. Schedule your treatment a month before your wedding.
• Dry-brush your body on a regular basis
This helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
• Get a spray tan a few days before your wedding
Sun-kissed skin will give you a natural, healthy glow. Doing it once won’t make you look like a carrot.
Gorgeous hair for your wedding day simply requires that you:
• Schedule any color appointments two weeks before your big day
This will give you enough time to
• Get regular trims
Do this even if you’re growing your hair out. It will help to keep it in
• Indulge in some regular hair mask treatments once per week
This is the key to peak glossiness.
• Color your hair a hue that complements your skin tone
Visit a colorist to banish any brassy yellow tones a few days before your wedding.
• Stick with a hairstyle that you know works
Don’t try out any new hairstyles before your big day; you might regret it.
Nailing down your wedding day look means that you should:
• Grow your nails if they’re short
Begin doing this three months ahead of your wedding day.
• Get enough omega fatty acids and calcium
These are not only essential for healthy nails. They’re also necessary for healthy hair and skin.
• Use a cuticle oil on a regular basis
It moisturizes your nails and the skin around them, helping to prevent splitting.
• Choose a nail color that complements your skin tone
Avoid super pearlescent colors on your nails; they reflect too much light.
• Moisturize your hands on a daily basis, and exfoliate your hands twice a week
Doing these things will keep your hands as lovely as your nails.
• Schedule weekly manicures
This will give you opportunities for experimenting with colors.
Other essential beauty tricks
Prepping for your wedding day is a total commitment. This means that along with attending to your skin, hair, and nails you should:
• Whiten your teeth a few months in advance
White strips are a great option if you’re on a budget. But also consider getting your teeth professionally whitened, especially if you have a lot of stains.
• Eat healthy, staying away from salt, sugar, fat, and processed foods
They all lead to weight gain and bloating. Focus instead on vegetables, fruit, complex carbohydrates, and water, which are all great for controlling weight and clearing up your skin.
• Stay away from alcohol
It can make your skin puffy and dry.
• Start a workout routine well in advance
This will tighten and firm your body and detoxify your skin. Consider joining a gym and hiring a personal trainer, who can create a custom workout plan for you. Begin your workout regime at least six to nine months in advance.
• Schedule a make-up trial at least a few months before your big day
This will allow you to fine-tune your look with your makeup artist so you know which lipstick and eyeshadow colors will look best with your dress.
• Shape your brows starting six months out, waiting a month between sessions
Consider threading, which is more precise than waxing.
• Care for your lips
Each night, apply a coat of all natural lip balm, and rub it over your lips with a wet washcloth, which will help to exfoliate and soften your lips simultaneously. If you have the money, consider getting a lip treatment at a spa.
- "5 Beauty Secrets You Need to Look Ah-Mazing on Your Wedding Day," Cosmopolitan, October 9, 2015.
- "11 Ways to Look Gorgeous on Your Wedding Day," Yahoo! Beauty, April 28, 2015.
- "The Perfect Bridal Beauty Guide," WebMD, June 6, 2007.
- "The Ultimate Healthy-Bride Guide: Glowing Skin, Weight-Loss Tips, and More!," POPSUGAR.com, May 3, 2013.