A comprehensive guide to prepping for your wedding day
There’s a lot of pressure to look your best on your wedding day. But all that pressure can leave you feeling stressed out and a bundle of nerves. Instead, focus on doing things for yourself ahead of time that make you feel like a million bucks. Here’s a complete timeline for how to plan your beauty treatments for a truly picture-perfect trip down the aisle:
A few months before your wedding day, start doing these things regularly…
Create a regimen a few months before your big day to make sure your skin, hair, and nails are the healthiest they can be:
1. Drink lots of water
Not only does staying hydrated keep your skin taut and youthful, but it also eliminates toxins. Try to drink at least two liters of water per day.
2. Take omega fish oil supplements
Omega-3 fatty acids help to reduce inflammation and acne. It does take a few weeks before results start to show, so you should begin taking omega supplements well in advance.
3. Create a cleansing, toning, and moisturizing regime that you do twice each day
This will help to keep your skin in optimal condition. Be sure to use high-quality skincare products, such as LaserAway Beauty.
4. Dry-brush your body regularly
This can help reduce the appearance of cellulite.
5. Get regular trims
Do this even if you’re growing your hair out. It will help to keep it in tip-top condition by getting rid of split ends.
6. Indulge in some regular hair mask treatments once per week
This is the key to peak glossiness.
7. Grow your nails if they’re short
Begin doing this three months ahead of your wedding day.
8. Get enough omega fatty acids, biotin, and calcium
These are not only essential for healthy nails. They’re also necessary for healthy hair and skin.
9. Use cuticle oil regularly
It moisturizes your nails and the skin around them, helping to prevent splitting.
10. Moisturize your hands daily and exfoliate your hands twice a week
Doing these two things will keep your hands as lovely as your nails.
11. Schedule weekly manicures
This will give you opportunities to experiment with colors.
12. Whiten your teeth a few months in advance
White strips are a great option if you’re on a budget. But also consider getting your teeth professionally whitened, especially if you’d like to go a few shades whiter.
13. Eat healthy, staying away from salt, sugar, fat, and processed foods
They all lead to weight gain and bloating. Focus instead on vegetables, fruit, complex carbohydrates, and water, which are all great for controlling weight and clearing up your skin.
14. Schedule a make-up trial at least a few months before your big day
This will allow you to fine-tune your look with your makeup artist so you know which lipstick and eyeshadow colors will look best with your dress.
15. Shape your brows starting six months out, waiting a month between sessions
Consider threading, which is more precise than waxing.
16. Undergo Clear + Brilliant treatments
Laser facials, like Clear + Brilliant, rejuvenate skin from the inside out, improving skin tone and texture, reversing sun damage, and shrinking pores.
A few weeks before your wedding, you should…
You’ve spent months eating healthy, taking care of your skin, hair, and nails, and testing out treatments, cosmetics, and skincare products. Now it’s time to kick it up a notch.
1. Schedule any color appointments two weeks before your big day
This will give you enough time to fine-tune the shade.
2. Consider getting a Botox treatment
This is especially important if you’d like to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Schedule your treatment a four to six weeks before your wedding.
3. Care for your lips
Each night, apply a coat of all-natural lip balm and rub it over your lips with a wet washcloth, which will help to exfoliate and soften your lips simultaneously.
4. Stay away from alcohol
It can make your skin puffy and dry.
Right before the big day, finish prepping by…
Your dream wedding is right around the corner! Wrap up all your hard work and preparation by putting the finishing touches on your look.
1. Getting a spray tan a few days before your wedding
Sun-kissed skin will give you a natural, healthy glow. And you won’t look like a carrot if you find the right formula.
2. Coloring your hair a hue that complements your skin tone
Visit a colorist to banish any brassy yellow tones a few days before your wedding.
3. Sticking with a hairstyle that you know works
Don’t try out any new hairstyles before your big day — you might regret it.
4. Choosing a nail color that complements your skin tone
Avoid super pearlescent colors on your nails because they reflect too much light.
Need some help prepping for your wedding? Check out LaserAway, the nation’s leading aesthetic dermatology clinic that offers Botox, Clear + Brilliant, laser hair removal, and more.
- “5 Beauty Secrets You Need to Look Ah-Mazing on Your Wedding Day,” Cosmopolitan, October 9, 2015.
- “11 Ways to Look Gorgeous on Your Wedding Day,” Yahoo! Beauty, April 28, 2015.
- “The Perfect Bridal Beauty Guide,” WebMD, June 6, 2007.
- “The Ultimate Healthy-Bride Guide: Glowing Skin, Weight-Loss Tips, and More!,” POPSUGAR.com, May 3, 2013.