Summer is still roaring in full force. Even if you've used up all your vacation days, you can still pamper yourself this summer -- here are six simple ways:
1. Embrace your vacation look
Some people say that going on vacation is just a frame of mind. If you're not going on vacation this summer, you can easily embrace the lifestyle and look. Think beachy beauty. Use a sunscreen that leaves you feeling pampered and hydrated, and then give your hair the ultimate beach-curl look.
- Try LA Beauty BFF SPF 50 Sun Protector. It's a whipped, hydrating sunscreen that provides superior, broad-spectrum protection against daily UVA and UVB sun exposure, oxidative stress, and pollution. Sheer, tinted, self-balancing
colormakes skin look smooth and evens out skin tone, leaving a radiant, healthy-looking glow.
- For beachy worthy waves without all the work, check out Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray. Its salt-infused formula creates impeccable, matte volume, texture, fullness, and hold to mimic tousled, just-off-the-beach waves. This foaming mousse also delivers its own beach protective blend with coconut water that shields hair from the drying and damaging effects of the sun's UVA and UVB rays.
2. Score a last-minute deal to a local hotel
You can easily escape for a few hours using apps that help you score last minute deals to local hotels. Try DayUse.com or Hotel Tonight. To really pamper yourself, make sure the hotel has a spa or swimming pool. Then stock up on some magazines, and relax.
3. Take a yoga class
While you can do yoga anytime inside, why not take a yoga class outside? Take advantage of the summer months, and soak up all the sun and just relax. The great thing about doing yoga outdoors is that you don't even need a yoga mat, but you do need sunscreen! Pick one that's water resistant and fast absorbing.
- Try La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Melt-in Sunscreen Milk. It's formulated with Cell-OX Shield XL technology that delivers broad-spectrum protection. This formula also contains a powerful antioxidant complex to help protect skin from free radicals.
4. Buy some flowers and plants
Do you still have to work all summer long? Can't enjoy the beautiful outdoors? Then buy yourself some flowers and plants, and decorate your office with them. Be sure to set some flowers right next to your computer so you get a delightful surprise when you're reading and writing emails.
5. Schedule a DIY spa day
Schedule a DIY spa day and OD on bath oils, candles, music, masks, and lotions. Make your own face masks using all natural ingredients found right in your fridge, such as avocados and eggs. Soak in a tub while drinking wine and relaxing, then give yourself a manicure.
6. Hang outside all afternoon
There's no better way to embrace summer than by hanging outside all afternoon. Grab a blanket, a good book, some mineral water, snacks and SPF, and you're all set to go. Soak up the sun and chillax!
You deserve it
Summer is the perfect time to pamper yourself, especially if you can't take an extended vacation. You can easily indulge yourself by basking in the sun outside, giving yourself some DIY spa treatments, and bringing the great outdoors inside. Remember that you deserve it!